Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Brendan!!

Today my little boy turns 4. It is so hard to believe he is growing up so fast. It is honestly hard to remember what our lives were like without him. Unfortunately, he is not feeling well today. In keeping with his tradition of being sick on his birthday, I had to take him to the emergency room last night after coughing for hours. They gave him some meds and sent us home around 10:00 last night. He has an appointment with his doctor at 11:00 this morning, so I am home with him today. We know he doesn't have pneumonia from the chest x-ray they did last night. Hopefully they will give him some meds and send us home to start his birthday celebration. We had already planned to have his big family party this Saturday. I was going to send cupcakes to school with him today, but we'll just do that tomorrow. I like to make birthdays a week-long celebration anyway. (Just ask Joey--I milk the birthday thing for several days before and after the big day!)

Joey started his new job on Monday. So far, the days he has worked have been the coldest days we have had recently. (Did I mention he works primarily outside all day?) He is having to adjust to the weather and the hours, but we love having him home with us in the evenings. Hopefully the weather will settle down soon! Other than that, things are going well.

No comments: