Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Today, we took part in the Black Friday melee for the first time. Joey went out last night at midnight to catch the sales up at Tanger. He says he got some pretty good stuff for me from Old Navy. I got up around 3:30 this morning and went up to Wal-Mart to try and catch some of the deals there. It was insane!! People were already lined up and staking out the merchandise they wanted. But, you couldn't touch any of the sale items until 5:00! It was so crazy, and there were so many people that you couldn't even move. I scoped out the store, trying to devise a plan of attack, but finally gave up and just camped out near the movies since there were several we wanted. Overall, I was pretty disappointed in the whole experience, because I didn't get what we really wanted. But, my endeavors later in the day were a success and now I am almost done with all my Christmas shopping. They are even wrapped and under the tree. Now, if I can just keep Joey and Brendan away from them until Christmas...

We had a fun day, but I'm glad my time of fighting the crowds is over. I don't think the Black Friday thing is for me, after all.

2 comments:

Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...

Black Friday is not for me either!!! I had always done it before having kids... but now i prefer sleep and no crowds when i shop!

Kristie said...

I'm jealous that you have your presents wrapped already. I'm done shopping but always dread the wrapping part.